Current and complete documentation of the disability or disabilities must be submitted by the student to UCM Student Accessibility Services as part of the academic accommodation service(s) eligibility determination process. The university reserves the right to request supplemental information to verify a student's functional limitations.
Documentation of disability must conform to published UC disability documentation guidelines and is required to establish and assess how a student's disability can be reasonably accommodated to ensure equal educational access within a postsecondary academic and campus life environment.
Documentation should contain all of the following:
- Student’s name, ID number, Declaration disability is present, and Signature Name, Title, License Number, Address, and
- Signature of qualifying, diagnosing clinician Statement by the clinician that a disability is present
- Explanation and/or basis for diagnosis (tests, clinical interview, observations, history)
- Date disability first diagnosed, date clinician first treated student, most recent visit, expected duration of disability
- Detailed description of current functional limitations
- Statement of the extent to which limitations are mitigated by treatment and side effects of treatment if any
For more information, please contact:
UCM Student Accessibility Services
5200 N. Lake Road - 222 Kolligian Library - Merced, CA 95343
Phone: (209) 228-6996 - Fax: (209) 228-4661